We have taken the tricky out of BabyWearing in the Heat, and edited our Five Top Tips for Staying Cool while BabyWearing to make it as simple and safe as possible.
It's no secret those newborn snuggles are super cosy and you've likely not given it much thought, that something as simple as the weather - can change the way you need to approach BabyWearing.
Throughout time and across cultures globally, the evolution of the human species, has depended vastly on in the invention of tools designed to make life easier and creating a unique 'Baby Carrier' is recognised as one of the most important tools developed by Indigenous early humans to advance our species.
Instinctively born of the need to transport babies, expending the least amount of energy. BabyWearing created the ability for mothers and caregivers to move around with babies on board. The history of BabyWearing supports that some ancient cultures considered them 'sacred objects'.
What are the safest and most comfortable ways to BabyWear for Hip Dysplasia?
- Physiotherapist advice is that a mild abducted or 'cuddling' position is best ie: knees apart but too widely
- Head support is particularly important for infants with very little head & neck control
- For easy breathing keep babies face is clear of fabric and your body
- Natural breathable fabrics are recommended
So let's talk about the benefits of Baby Wearing for Dads
- Get Bonding - Activate those paternal protective behaviours! BabyWearing provides a closeness that stimulates the production of the good-feels hormone Oxytocin which can kick start bonding
- Empowered Parenting - With all that bonding and connection comes the confidence Dad needs to learn communication cues and signals more quickly
- Be HandsFree - Being a Dad is pretty sweet gig - but its a balancing act and you sure will appreciate having your handsfree to get other dad stuff done
- Adventuring - Becoming a parent is a huge one, but that doesn't mean your other interests and hobbies have to disappear. With your little human tucked up safe and secure, snuggled up to Dad - you can team up and take on the world
- Supporting - Cos lets face it - it takes two to tango. Babes love and need their caregivers and when the bond is strong between baby and Dad, Mum can take time for herself. Sharing the BabyWearing load benefits the whole family.